Getting Rid of Double Chin
Double chin, aka submental fat occurs when a layer of fat gets accumulated below the chin. It’s a common derivative of weight gain though heredity or looser skin due to ageing can also cause a double chin.
You might spend a lot of money, time and energy on your look and appearance. And occurrence of a double chin can badly affect your look and ruin all your effort.
If you don’t want to see your money, time and energy go in vein; you should focus on some exercises that in due course can help you get rid of your double chin. Besides exercise, you will also need to do some additional things. Let’s learn how to lose face fat at fitnessgoals.com.
Apart from exercising is your nutrition, and the best way to chuck out extra fat from any part of your body including your chin is to eating a healthy and nutritious diet. Remember, double chin is not something that will be diminished overnight, unless you opt for a laser lipolysis or liposuction. So be patient and maintain a healthy weight. It not only would help you get rid of double chin but also avoid developing conditions such as diabetes, heart diseases, obesity, sleep apnea etc.
A general healthy eating guide is as follows:
- Take 3 fruit servings a day
- Take 4 servings of vegetables a day
- Avoid refined grains and depend of whole grains
- Replace outside food with home-made food
- Eat lean protein like fish and poultry
- Avoid fried items
- Control sugar intake
- Learn portion control
Now it comes to exercise. Here is a list of some effective exercises that work on your chin without needing you to go for any costly surgeries or treatments. You can do them just in the comfort of sitting on your favorite couch at the living room.
Kiss the ceiling
- Tilt the head back and look upward
- Pucker the lips and kiss the ceiling
- Hold the kissing pose for 5 seconds
- Relax and return your head to starting position
- Tilt the head back and look at the ceiling
- Push lower jaw forward and feel the stretch under your chin
- Hold the position for 10 seconds
- Now relax and return to the starting position
- Do 10 reps
- Look straight and stick the tongue out as much as you can
- Lift the tongue toward the nose as if you’re trying to touch it
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and then relax and get back to the starting position
- Keep a 9- to 10- inch ball under the chin
- Press the chin down against it
- Do 20 to 25 reps a day
Laying head lift
- Lay on the bed with face up
- Allow the head to hang off the end of the bed
- Try to slowly lift the head up toward your chest
- Let the back and shoulders remain flat against bed
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and get back to neutral position very slowly
- Do 2 reps
The Bottom Line
Eating healthy diet and exercising regularly are very likely to help you with your discomfort with double chin. But if the problem persists, you can consult your physician.