Can You Use Vitamins and Herbs to Boost Testosterone Levels?
You have heard that vitamins, minerals, and herbs are good for your body and health. Did you also know that you can use vitamins and herbs to boost testosterone levels naturally?
While not as fast working as testosterone replacement therapy, some herbs and vitamins can help increase testosterone levels. Men and women can benefit from some of these natural remedies.
What are the benefits of turning to vitamins for testosterone deficiency?
When your body is low in crucial nutrients, supplementing with those products can help improve overall health. When the same vitamins also aid hormone production, you get a second powerful benefit. The use of vitamins for testosterone health has long been detailed in the medical community. Unfortunately, modern medicine is often quick with a pill rather than a natural remedy.
When it comes to turning to nature to improve testosterone levels, you have a few choices. You can try some of the herbs and vitamins for low testosterone listed here, or you can turn to natural testosterone therapy.
Doctor prescribed treatment for Low T uses testosterone formulated to mimic what the body secretes. For some men and women, testosterone therapy is the best option as it immediately increases testosterone levels.
Minerals, herbs, and vitamins, on the other hand, help the body increase testosterone production. If you would like to try to use supplemental herbs and essential vitamins for testosterone, choose from our detailed lists.
What Are the Best Vitamins to Boost Testosterone Levels?
No matter where you look, you will likely see vitamin D and zinc at the top of any list of vitamins for testosterone production. The benefits of zinc and vitamin D extend beyond boosting testosterone.
Here is why these two minerals and vitamins good for testosterone are beneficial to the body:
- Helps fight off viruses and reduce duration of colds
- Repairs the gastrointestinal tract
- Produces genetic material
- Boosts testosterone levels for those with zinc deficiency
- Vitamin D
- Aids calcium absorption in bones
- Strengthens bones to protect against osteoporosis
- Fights of viruses and bacteria
- Increases testosterone levels in those with vitamin D deficiency
Additional vitamins and herbs to boost testosterone levels include the following vitamins
- B Vitamins
- B 3,6, and 12 enhance libido
- B 12 and C-complex increase energy
- B vitamins increase testosterone
- Vitamin C
- Antioxidant that improves immune functions
- Can help lower cortisol which inhibits testosterone release
- Reduces aromatase enzyme that converts testosterone into estradiol
- Vitamin A
- Decreases estrogen production
- Increases basal testosterone secretion
What Are the Best Herbs to Boost Testosterone Levels?
The list of natural remedies for testosterone deficiency is long, indeed, especially when it comes to herbs.
Not all testosterone boosting herbs act in the same way. Some vitamins and herbs for testosterone have more of a benefit on libido than actual testosterone production. Others work to block estrogen conversion.
Below is the herb part of the list of vitamins and herbs to boost testosterone levels:
- Tribulus Terrestris (puncturevine) – enhances luteinizing hormone secretion from the pituitary gland which helps signal testosterone production. Beneficial for erectile dysfunction and impotence.
You can learn more about T levels on this official website.
- Ashwagandha – improves the concentration of serum testosterone, fertility, and erectile functions. Noticeable increase in ejaculate volume and sperm concentration.
- Malaysian Ginseng – boosts testosterone levels, energy, libido, endurance, and performance. May also help weight loss, reducing depression, and lowering blood pressure.
- Yohimbe – increases testosterone and helps improve effects of erectile dysfunction.
- Pine Bark Extract – improves blood supply and reduces symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Saw Palmetto – improves sperm production and boosts libido. May help reduce an enlarged Blocks estrogen conversion.
- Horny Goat Weed – helps raise testosterone and improves testosterone circulation.
- Mucuna Pruriens – boosts testosterone and growth hormone production and helps erectile dysfunction.
- Blue Passion Flowers – improves testosterone levels and sperm concentration and motility.
- Fenugreek – enhances cholesterol conversion into testosterone and inhibits testosterone conversion into estrogen and DHT (dihydrotestosterone).
What Is the Best Way to Use Vitamins and Herbs to Boost Testosterone Levels?
You should not try to supplement with herbs, vitamins, and minerals for testosterone without first speaking with a doctor. Some supplements interact with certain medications. A hormone specialist can help determine a safe vitamin and herb dosage.
Also, since over-the-counter supplements are not regulated, you cannot be sure of brand safety and efficacy. Although vitamins enhance testosterone, they could also have damaging effects if you do not get a high-quality product.
Some vitamins and herbs are best taken with food, others on an empty stomach. Also, try pairing these vitamins and herbs with testosterone boosting foods for improved results. Side effects are also possible with some supplements, so before using vitamins and herbs to boost testosterone levels, please contact a doctor.
Hormone Replacement Clinic is here to help you find the best way to increase testosterone levels. Contact us today for a free, confidential consultation.