Drug rehabilitation is that methodology of medical or psychotherapeutic treatment for dependency on mind-altering substances like alcohol, prescription drugs, marijuana, amphetamines, cocaine and other narcotics.
The general intent is to vary the patient’s treatment approach to confront substance dependence, if present, and stop abuse to avoid the psychological, legal, financial, social, and physical consequences which will be caused, especially by extreme abuse. Treatment typically includes medication for depression or different disorders, counsel by consultants and sharing of experience with different addicts.
If you’re a resident of Texas or you’re looking for a quality drug rehabilitation center and relocation is possible, Detox Austin Center is a reliable and appropriate drug rehabilitation center, which provides a variety of care options to help addicts choose a suitable drug and alcohol rehabilitation solution.
If you or any members of your family, your friends, or relatives are looking for an effective detoxification program that can help you to get clean and sober, Detox Austin Center can help you to find the ideal in-patient or out-patient solution in provision to your own needs. Your path to drug or alcohol rehabilitation doesn’t have to and shouldn’t be done alone.
Choosing the Right Treatment Option
While undergoing addiction treatment, the danger of relapse is always looming, making choosing the right treatment an important part of the rehabilitation process.
Various types of programs are available to help with drug rehabilitation, including residential treatment (in-patient/out-patient), local support groups, extended care centers, recovery or sober living houses, addiction counseling, mental health, medical care, age- and gender-specific programs.
There are also specialized programs that help with the treatment of specific conditions. Most programs follow a similar and proven protocol to help addicts achieve their recovery goals.
Knowing what to expect at a drug rehabilitation program is a great way to ease some of the initial anxiety of seeking treatment. If you decide to go to the Detox Austin Center, here’s a look and some different options available there.
Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs
Detox from alcohol or other drugs can be very painful or even dangerous without proper supervision and an appropriate treatment plan. Because substance use can cause profound changes in the brain and body, one of the first and top priorities is to detoxify from the toxic chemicals and their byproducts. Detox Austin Center provides critical support and medical supervision during the first few hours or days of abstinence when withdrawal can be physically difficult and even dangerous.
Since detox is the first and critical step of the chemical dependency treatment process, treatment is always administered by medical professionals. Patients are first stabilized for three to seven days based upon their medical condition and then the treatment begins.
Getting healthy, clean and drug-free doesn’t have to be an expensive effort either, so thankfully they offer reliable but low-cost treatment. They also accept private insurance, medicate or other state and federal insurance.
Behavioral Therapy Treatment Programs
Behavioral therapy treatment is also an important part of the recovery process. This treatment can be a long process and the duration is dependent upon the patient’s needs and history of abuse. Most patients need at least three months of treatment and longer duration’s are associated with better outcomes.
Types of behavioral therapy include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – seeks to help patient recognize, avoid and cope with situations in which they are most likely to relapse.
- Multidimensional family therapy – designed to support the recovery of the patient by improving family functioning.
- Psychological feature interviewing – designed to increase patient motivation to change behavior and enter treatment.
- Psychological feature incentives – uses positive reinforcement to encourage abstinence from the addictive substance.
Beginning Treatment at Detox Austin Center
When you arrive at Detox Austin Center, you will first check in and then begin the admissions process. During this time your center’s admissions team will inspect your bags to ensure their safety to make sure no prohibited items are brought in for your and the center’s security.
What Detox Austin Center most recommends you to bring with you?
- A listing of names, addresses and phone numbers of those you wish to have involved in your treatment.
- Jewelry that you wear everyday and consider to be a necessity like your wedding ring or even a watch. Otherwise, leave valuable items at home.
- Your current prescription medication within the original pharmacy bottle with the knowledge label intact. Any liquid medications must be new and sealed. You should additionally bring a listing of all of your medications and dosages.
- A small amount of cash (in smaller bills for store runs, vending machines, etc.). Your checkbook, credit card or debit card to pay for treatment medications. Your insurance cards and form of identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.). A calling card is also recommended.
- Reading materials. The center will provide reading materials for you but you can bring your own if you want to do so.
- For clothing, rehab center have a very strict dress code, so be aware of any restrictions while you’re packing. Keep in mind, the area in your space could also be restricted at Detox Austin Center, thus strive to not over pack.
The Bottom Line
Drug addiction treatment is a powerful and even necessary process for nearly all addicts. Treatment alone is possible but the chances of success are very low and potentially very dangerous. Therefore, seeking a quality treatment center like Detox Austin Center is a must and highly recommended if sobriety and an improved healthy, and happy life is desired. Seek help today and change your life for the better!