How does CBD help athletes? According to Scott Douglas, author of The Athlete’s Guide to CBD, CBD benefits for athletes include increased stamina, performance, and expedited recovery times after workouts. More importantly, Douglas is one of several athletes known for their advocacy of CBD.
Former NFL players like Kyle Turley and Jake Plummer, both credit Cannabidiol with helping treat everything from joint pain to conditions like chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). Athletes from other professional sports, particularly retired ones, have also become ambassadors for this cannabinoid in recent months.
Here, we’ll look at a few of the main benefits of CBD for athletes, and what you need to know if you plan on using CBD oil yourself.
CBD Benefits for Athletes and Gym-Goers
Is CBD good for athletes? The simple answer is yes. However, supplementing with Cannabidiol doesn’t just benefit professional sportspeople. From the “weekend warrior” to the casual hiker or jogger, the majority of athletes turning to CBD are regular folks, from all walks of life.
Thanks to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties, Cannabidiol is a fantastic therapeutic to use to aid recovery after any form of workout. Many athletes even recommend using CBD oil and balms in place of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin and ibuprofen.
Using CBD Oil to Expedite Post-Workout Recovery
Almost all forms of exercise result in moderate physical stress on joint and muscle tissue.
When we feel the so-called burn while working out, we do so because of lactic acid build-up, hypertrophy (the breakdown of muscle fibers) and the stretching of tendons and ligaments. Post-workout soreness then occurs, as the body starts getting to work repairing this damage.
To combat soreness, some athletes use NSAIDs like Ibuprofen to relieve inflammation. However, regular use can result in side-effects like renal damage. By comparison, CBD oil can relieve inflammation and soreness without athletes risking adverse health consequences.
- Research shows that Cannabidiol may be effective for alleviating not just post-workout inflammation, but also pain and inflammation resulting from sports injuries.
- Organic, full-spectrum CBD oil is safe for regular use, unlike non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen, which can have long term gastric and liver effects.
- Athletes who use Cannabidiol to relive inflammation can do so by ingesting CBD oil, or by treating sore areas with topical CBD balms and ointments like CBDPure CBD Infused Cream.
Using CBD to Increase Athletic Performance
Can CBD oil help improve athletic performance? While more research is needed, the simple answer seems to be Yes.
By being able to expedite post-workout recovery times, Cannabidiol helps athletes banish nagging soreness and stiffness in preparation for upcoming events. More importantly, whereas NSAIDs can’t be used during long training sessions or events like triathlons (because of renal and cardiovascular side-effects), CBD can be.
Cannabidiol is also able to reduce stress, improve sleep quality, and help combat performance anxiety.
- As well as helping reduce anxiety, CBD oil can help ease digestive discomfort during exercise.
- By improving sleep quality, Cannabidiol can help athletes recover faster after training, as well as prepare better mentally for events.
- Unlike prohibited performance-enhancing drugs, the World Health Organization recognizes Cannabidiol as neither having the potential for misuse or dependence.
What is the Best CBD Oil for Athletes?
Cannabidiol is widely recognized as a safe, all-natural therapeutic that is free of severe side-effects. However, not all CBD brands for athletes are created equal.
If you are an athlete, gym-goer, or even just someone who plans to use CBD oil therapeutically, you owe it to yourself to only use 100% organic, third-party tested, full-spectrum Cannabidiol. Unlike inferior isolate products, full-spectrum oils provide the greatest benefit due to the synergistic effect of all the natural plant cannabinoids and phytonutrients working together, a phenomenon called the entourage effect.
- Always look for certified organic CBD oil that is isolated from hemp using 100% safe, state-of-the-art CO2 extraction techniques.
- To benefit from the entourage effect of several cannabinoids working synergistically together, always look for full-spectrum Cannabidiol.
- Only buy CBD products that are third-party tested for purity and consumer safety.
Experience the CBD Performance Difference
CBDPure makes available some of the highest-quality CBD supplements for athletes currently on the market. These include CBD soft gels that provide long-lasting relief from inflammation, fast-acting CBD oil tinctures, and pain and inflammation-fighting topical CBD creams. All CBD products are compliant with both federal law, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Workout smarter, recover quicker, and boost your athletic performance today by visiting CBDPure.