When it comes to health and fitness, hydration is very important. If you are properly hydrated, you will have a heightened energy level, which means that you can work out well. Furthermore, drinking enough water can also lead to mental clarity allowing you to focus well on your exercise routines. Therefore, it’s important that you carry a bottle of water with you every time you workout. But buying bottled water every single day could cost you a lot of money. If you want to save money, consider using reusable water bottles.
Why It’s Time to Stop Buying Water Bottles
Sure, buying bottled water every day would be more convenient than having to carry your own bottle to the gym and refilling it with water from time to time. But it’s actually about time that you should stop buying water bottles and here are the reasons why:
- Contrary to what many people thought, bottled water is not really cleaner or healthier than the water from the tap. It is just what the industry would claim in order for their products to sell.
- A single piece of a plastic bottle could take hundreds of years to decompose. This means that it will be stuck in the landfills for so many years.
- Water bottles are definitely more expensive than drinking water from the tap or refilling a reusable water bottle that you can carry to the gym.
- Producing one bottle of plastic will require the use of energy and the process emits toxins to the air. It also requires a good amount of water to be able to pack each bottle of drinking water.
- Plastic bottles are made from the harmful toxic substance known as the polyethylene terephthalate or PET and this substance is harmful to health.
Benefits of Using Reusable Bottled Water
Aside from the obvious reason of being able to save money, there are several other benefits that come with using reusable bottled water the next time you go to your gym. Here are some of them:
- It helps the environment since it minimizes the amount of toxins and fossil fuels that will be released to the air during its production.
- The bottles are stylish and durable and can help to minimize your carbon footprint.
- It’s more cost-efficient than buying bottled water every single day.
- It’s good for your health since the reusable bottles are made from materials that are free from the toxic BPA and lead.
- Convenient to refill since most gyms, fitness centers, and public facilities have water fountains and faucets where you can fill the water bottle up.
Go Green and Stay Healthy
Those plastic bottles that are used for bottled water are actually known for their health risks. These bottles are made from toxic chemicals known as the BPA or Bisphenol A and this can be very harmful to your health. In fact, BPA has been linked to several hormonal issues and could even lead to cancer. Therefore, using reusable water bottles that are BPA-free can create a green and sustainable environment while staying healthy.
Save Money Using Reusable Bottles
There is no doubt that using a reusable water bottle will help you to save money while keeping you hydrated as you exercise. In average, Americans are said to spend about $5 per week for bottled water. So if you switch to using reusable water bottles, you could save as much as $260 per year! Some of the leading brands of plastic carry BPA-free water bottles that cost less than $10 each.
There is no doubt that using a reusable water bottle will help you to save money while keeping you hydrated as you exercise. In an average, Americans are said to spend about $5 per week for bottled water. So if you switch to using reusable water bottles, you could save as much as $260 per year! Some of the leading brands of plastic carry BPA-free water bottles that cost less than $10 each.
Reusable Water Bottle Is a Necessity
When it comes to good health, reusable water bottles are actually a necessity. “Just like with the humidifiers that help to prevent the growth of molds and bacteria in your home, the reusable water bottle is something that you should consider a necessity when it comes to maintaining good health for you and for your family”, explains Jennie, an editor from WikiHumidifier, a foundation reviews best type of humidifiers. Unlike the usual plastic bottles, these reusable bottles are made from BPA-free materials, which means that it will not lead to cancer or any other illnesses.
Given all the benefits of using a reusable water bottle, it’s a no brainer why people should stop using plastic water bottles from now on. Furthermore, the savings that you could earn from using reusable water bottles could outweigh the initial cost of buying one. Whether you need it for working out or for your day-to-day activities, such as going to work or for your kids’ use at school, the reusable water bottle is definitely a great help.
Buying a Reusable Water Bottle
But just like with buying any appliances like the humidifiers, it’s important that you do your research well when buying a reusable water bottle. So what do you need to look for when buying a reusable bottle?
First, you need to think of the material. If you will choose those bottles made of plastic, make sure they are BPA-free. Otherwise, the glass and stainless steel water bottles are a much better option. Go for high-quality stainless steel and lead-free bottles made by companies that are transparent about their process of manufacturing.
Another thing to consider is the extra features or components. Does it come with a handle, flip straws, flip cap, etc.? Are you going to use the bottle for both hot and cold water? Whatever your preferences are, there will always be a reusable water bottle that’s right for you. So if you are still buying bottled water for your daily workout, it’s about time that you stop, and instead, switch to reusable water bottles! These bottles are not only good for your health, but they help to save you money, too!